Honey Glazed Puff Pastry
Eid is all about the desserts! I made these fluffy and delicious honey glazed puff pastries as my second Eid dessert which I will add next to my meringue cookies. I feel like these are so elegant and super simple to make. It's as simple as cutting some puff pastry sheets, glazing them with honey and topping them with fresh berries. I added my favorite blueberries and raspberries to mine - What fruits would you add? You should definitely try these out and let me know how they turned out!
PREPERATION 10 minutes
BAKE TIME 15 minutes
SERVINGS Serves 10-12
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp water
- Some blueberries and raspberries
1. Place one puff pastry sheet on a floured surface and remove the separators from the puff pastry.
2. Use 2 inch round cutter to cut out circles.
3. Now use a ¾ inch cutter to cut the centers of half of the circles. You don’t want to cut the centers of all the circles. So, if you have 12 circles, cut the centers of 6.
4. Add 4 tablespoons of water to 4 tablespoons of honey and combine.
5. Begin making each pastry. Brush honey over the full circle. Then place the circle with the hole over the complete circle. Now bush honey over the top layer. Prick the sides of the circle 5 or 6 times with a stick to help the layers stick together. Add blueberries and raspberries in the center.
6. Repeat with the second sheet of dough.
7. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
8. Brush honey mixture over the pastries as soon as you take them out of the oven.
9. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!