Ramadan Day 15 --- Iftar Food
We are halfway through Ramadan Alhamdullilah. The weather has been so good this year that I have not been focusing too much on drinks. However: today after running errands all day, I got super thirsty. I wanted to make a refreshing and healthy drink that would quench my thirst. Since its cherry season and who doesn’t love cherries, what better day to prepare cherry soda. It makes for a great summer drink or even great for parties. Best part of it all is the cherry and honey aroma that fills your house afterwards!
PREPARATION 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
1 cup frozen cherries
½ cup honey
Mint leaves for garnishment
1. In a saucepan, over low heat, add the honey and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for two minutes.
2. Add the frozen cherries to food processor and grind for a few minutes until smooth paste is formed.
3. Add cherries to the honey and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. You have to keep stirring as the mixture can rise quickly.
4. Allow it to cool down
5. Add ice and 8 oz sparkling water to a glass. Add one-two tablespoons of the cherry and honey mixture, your preference.
6. Squeeze half a lime in the glass.
10. Give it a stir. Enjoy!