Beef Mortadella with Pistachios Lavash Wrap
Updated: Aug 9, 2019
Beef Mortadella with Lavash
Beef Mortadella with Lavash Wrap
I gained this recipe from a Persian friend in elementary school. We would exchange our lunch where I would give her my hot lunch for her cold lunch. Ever since then, I have fallen in love with this wrap. We enjoy it at picnics, as a quick lunch or even as an appetizer. It’s perfect for summer picnics.
SERVINGS Serves 2-3
1 Lavash Bread
1/4 Ib mortadella sliced thin
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 thinly sliced tomato
4 leaves romaine lettuce
2 Tbsp cilantro leaves
olives and olive or cherry tomatoes
1. Place your lavash on a cutting board and spread evenly with mayonnaise.
2. Arrange slices of the mortadella over the lavash.
3. Top with lettuce, cilantro, and tomato slices as shown in the picture.
4. Gently roll up the lavash pushing the ingredient down to make the wrap as tight as possible.
5. Layer tomato onto sandwich pick followed by olive. Secure the wrap with sandwich picks about 2 inches apart.
5. Cut where you have placed the picks. Delightful!
6. The wraps should be eaten within a couple of hours as the lavash will get soggy.
7. Serve up. Enjoy!